Julie Moss - T-shirt Quilt Maker in Colorado
A quilt is a hug, a touch of love and little bit of home.
I am a Sports Mom
After 5 years of hectic high school and club volleyball schedules, my daughter pulled a garbage bag full of old volleyball clothing out of her room and told me to donate it.
She was heading off to college with a volleyball scholarship and would receive new college volleyball clothing.
In the moment she didn’t think the clothing was important, but as a mom that had played sports in high school, I knew that someday she would regret not saving the clothing.
I never did donate the bag of clothing and instead I gave those sports memories back to her in a volleyball t-shirt quilt giving her a little bit of home while she was away at college.
I’m a Sports Mom that loves to sew
At an early age I learned how to sew from my Home Ec. teacher mom. Sewing became a personal passion that grew into several sewing and embroidery businesses.
With a growing pile of sports tees in my own home, it was a natural reaction to re-purpose clothing into a Sports T-shirt Quilt filled with memories for my own daughter.
It was such a heart-warming experience that 13 years ago I decided to use my sewing talent to help other busy sports moms by creating a modern T-shirt Quilt with uneven squares reusing many different types of sports clothing for their athletes.
I know sports moms are sentimental and very proud of their daughters. So why not give your daughter’s sports story back to her in a colorful patchwork of memories that shows how proud you are and how much you love her.
It’s so rewarding to see all those hectic sports years come full circle when you give a hug, a touch of love and a little bit of home back to your daughter or son in a Sports T-shirt Quilt.
My Quilt Process
Learn Julie's Quilt Process as she creates each quilt one-at-a-time.... READ MORE
At Replay Quilts:
- I believe it takes teamwork between the customer and the quiltmaker to create a T-shirt Memory Quilt the customer will use and LOVE!
- I'm honored to tell your quilt story by stitching together your valuable clothing to showcase the story of your family.
- I believe in repurposing favorite tees + clothing to give fabric a second life to protect and save our Earth.
I'm honored to work with my customers, repurposing their valuable clothing, and telling your story in a modern quilt-blanket you will proudly display and love!
Fast Facts about Julie
- I married my 6’10” high school sweetheart. Together we have 4 adult children and 3 handsome grandsons.
- I enjoy walking/hiking, reading a good book and cuddling my tuxedo cat, Tippy.
- It took 10 years before I made my own T-shirt Quilt!
- I have changed my business name 5 times!!! From Mossflower Embroidery, Moss Sportwear and Embroidery, Moss Quilts and Embroidery, Moss Re-Creations and now to Replay Quilts. So if the Julie Moss fits but the business name doesn't, that is why!!
About Giving back
As a person who cares about our environment, I strive to reduce the amount of fabric scraps that are sent to the landfill after creating your T-shirt Quilts.
I reuse extra scraps of fleece from the backing to make pet blankets for the local pet shelter in Fort Morgan, CO.
As a Mom and an animal lover, my heart goes out to dogs and cats waiting in our animal shelters. I believe a soft, comforting fleece blanket will help animals lower their anxiety while they wait for their fur-ever homes.