Clothing List for T-shirt Quilts at Replay Quilts
What clothing items can I use in my T-shirt Quilt?
As a Sports Mom I know that you have saved more than just T-shirts from your student-athlete's sports life.
You probably have stretchy jerseys, mesh jerseys, and sweatshirts which have different thicknesses and you want to know if it ALL can be used in a quilt.
Yes, It can!
In fact, I love to use other types of clothing because it adds interest and texture to the finished quilt.
My motto is... If it's washable, it can be used in a T-shirt Quilt!
Here is a list of clothing items that can be used in your quilt:
- Sports Jerseys - including stretchy dry-fit shirts and mesh shirts
- Sweatshirts, hoodies, hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants and terry towels. even though these items are thicker than a t-shirt they can be used.
- Clothing with buttons and zippers like baseball/softball jerseys, hockey jerseys, polo shirts and zip front sweatshirts
- Athletic shorts, sweat jackets and tank tops
- Emblems or Patches and hat fronts
- Adding plaid flannel pants, Tie Dye tees and other items with a printed or stripe design can be used in small amounts and add interest and a little Pop to the finished quilt.
- Adding 1-2 baby/toddler items or baby blanket is a great sentimental way to remember how small your student-athlete once was.
- Not sure if it can be used - Just ask. My quilt customers have come up with some of the best clothing ideas!